OpenCores
no use no use 1/1 no use no use
About nova h.264 baseline decoder
by khacminh on Apr 18, 2013
khacminh
Hi all,

I want to use nova h.264 baseline decoder for higher resolutions (author's configurations is for decoding QCIF resolution). Please tell me what I have to edit. Thank you.
RE: About nova h.264 baseline decoder
by khacminh on May 7, 2013
khacminh
Can any body contact to Mr. Ke Xu?
by freton on May 8, 2013
freton
You can contact Dr. Xu via the email eexuke@yahoo.com.

I contacted Dr. Xu previously on extending NOVA to support higher resolution decoding. His advice was as follows:

"Feel free to modify nova for various resolutions. Be aware to increase the size of memory, and pay special attention to signals associated with mb_num_h (horizontal MB count, counting from 0 ~ 10 in nova) and mb_num_v (vertical MB count, counting from 0 ~ 8 in nova). You need to increase these two counters to fit your own resolution."

Just for your information. From my experience, lots of efforts are needed to modify NOVA. You have to understand the original Verilog code comprehensively. Good luck!

Can any body contact to Mr. Ke Xu?

by khacminh on May 13, 2013
khacminh
hi Freton,

I have done as you said during a month. However, it is still not working :(. I meet some problem in parsing bit stream. In my work, at the first picture (pic_num = 0), mb_num = 101, it reads only 129 bits for this MB (while expecting 131 bits). Therefore, the following MBs are wrong (of course).

Do you have any advice? Could you please give me your email so that we can discuss further.
by khacminh on May 16, 2013
khacminh
Hi freton,

I have solved that problem, but I meet another one with chroma decoding. Can we discuss further via email. My email is: khacminh_return@yahoo.com
by freton on May 16, 2013
freton
Hi khacminh,

Sorry to reply you late. Although I tried to extend nova for high-definition decoding, actually I failed due to all kinds of problems.

Anyway, you can contact me through tf-yt@163.com. But this month I am busy with my experiments and papers, so please forgive me if I don't reply to you immediately.

Good Luck!

-Freton

Hi freton,

I have solved that problem, but I meet another one with chroma decoding. Can we discuss further via email. My email is: khacminh_return@yahoo.com
by yaorong022 on Dec 19, 2013
yaorong022
Hi all,

I want to use nova h.264 baseline decoder for higher resolutions (author's configurations is for decoding QCIF resolution). Please tell me what I have to edit. Thank you.

Hey! I want a higher-resolutions NOVA,too. Do you complete? Please tell me what I have to edit.
by adityagandhi on Sep 11, 2014
adityagandhi
I am need of this project as well, I want to contribute if I can. But I am long way from you guys, Still reading up on basics.
no use no use 1/1 no use no use
© copyright 1999-2024 OpenCores.org, equivalent to Oliscience, all rights reserved. OpenCores®, registered trademark.